- Studio Vocal Microphone
- New small-diaphragm capsule architecture, with bevelled collar for controlling the polar response.
- Warm, clear sonic character with smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response.
- Capsule head with adjustable tilt angle.
- Optimal on-axis frequency response featuring a mild high-frequency lift.
- Very smooth polar response; carefully-controlled narrowing of the pattern at high frequencies.
- Diffuse-field response parallel to the 0° response, with a gentle roll-off at high frequencies.
- Newly designed electronics offer a very high maximum sound pressure level.
The V4 U is the studio vocal microphone by SCHOEPS. It unites the outstanding technical characteristics typical of SCHOEPS with a timeless, classic design.
The “look” of the V4 U is based on the SCHOEPS CM 51/3 from 1951. But the V4 U is a thoroughly modern studio microphone. Its capsule, circuitry and mechanical construction are the result of extensive new development.
- A 33-mm beveled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at high frequencies, as in a largediaphragm microphone.
- Meanwhile, the superior acoustic qualities of a small-diaphragm capsule like the extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained.
- The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
- Newly-developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
- Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
- The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
- Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
- High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
50 Hz - 22 kHz
-36 dB (V/Pa), 16 mV/Pa
|Equivalent noise level (A-weighted)||
|Equivalent noise level (CCIR)||
|Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted)||
|Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %)||
|Maximum output voltage||
4.8 V (13 dBV) with 1 kΩ load
|Low cut filter||
40 Hz, 18 dB/oct.
|Minimum recommended load impedance||
|Maximum cable length||
> 300 m
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||
|Powering standard / Valid range||
P 48 / >43 V
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||
> 80 dB
XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel
|Width of the capsule head||
|Head swivel degree span||
blue, gray or custom color