Especially designed for 360° spatial audio recording, the easy-to-use AMBEO® VR Mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the surrounding sound from one single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360 content.
Ambisonics - Technology for you to shape the future of audio
Ambisonics is a multi-channel technique that lets you spherically capture the sound arriving from all directions, at a single point in space. For playback this representation is rendered binaurally, allowing you to virtually rotate the orientation of the perspective in all directions, horizontally and vertically.
Ambisonics is supported by all of the major post-production and playback tools on the market today. This makes ambisonics the appropriate tool for Virtual Reality and all other applications involving 3D sound. A tool to create new worlds of sound with.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Microphone connector: DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern: 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up [FLU], 2: front-right-down [FRD], 3: back-left-down [BLD], 4: back-right-up [BRU])
- Nominal impedance: Approx. 200 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ω
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply: 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.