Sound Devices 744t is a powerful four input, four-track file-based digital audio recorder. The supercompact 744T records and plays high-quality audio to and from hard drive (80 GB internal), CompactFlash, and external FireWire drives, making field recording reliable and fast.
It reads and writes uncompressed PCM audio at 16 or 24 bits at sampling rates from 32 kHz to 192 kHz. Lossless compression using FLAC is supported, as well as MP2/MP3 compress formats at 64 kb/s to 320 kb/s.
The full-features time code features makes the 744T perfect for dual-system sound applications—from over-the-shoulder to cartbased production.
The 744T implements a no-compromise audio path that includes Sound Devices’ next generation microphone preamplifiers.
• Inputs 1 and 2 are balanced mic/line inputs using Sound Devices high-performance, discrete microphone preamps, XLR, selectable 48 V phantom, adjustable high-pass, peak limiters
• Inputs 3 and 4 are line-level only, TA3-balanced connections, adjustable in 0.1 dB increments
• AES3 input, channels 1 and 2 on XLR
• AES3 input channels 3 and 4 on XLR
• AES3id (S/PDIF) input channels 1 and 2 on BNC
• AES3id (S/PDIF) input channels 3 and 4 on BNC
• Two-channel, analog, balanced mic/line level outputs on TA3 connectors
• AES3id (S/PDIF) output L/R (1) on BNC
• AES3id (S/PDIF) output L/R (2) on BNC
• Outputs assigned signal source from inputs, tracks, or post-record tracks • Headphone output on 3.5-mm jack with level control
• Headphone source selection for monitoring any input or track
• Internal hard drive, ATA interface, FAT32 volume
• 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch HD compatible internal drive bay (2.5-inch drive included) • CF (CompactFlash) slot (type I, II, and micro drive compatible) for removable secondary recording medium
• External FireWire volume, FAT32-formatted, including hard drives and DVD-RAM drives
• Recording to HD, CF, or external drives or any combination of multiple destinations
• File transfer between all available storage volumes
• Record buffer (pre-roll), 10 seconds at 24/48 x 4
• Ultra-stable crystal clock generator, tuneable to <0.2 ppm accuracy
• Broadcast Wave and iXML Metadata TC stamp in WAV and FLAC file formats