Sound Devices Mix Pre-10T - Rental
The World's Smallest 10-Input/12-Track Recorder
The MixPre-10T is the newest member of the groundbreaking MixPre Series of recorders, mixers, and USB audio interfaces. This lightweight, 10-input/12-track recorder offers world-class sound quality, flexible powering, and built-in, highly accurate timecode generator/reader – perfect for production sound mixers, field recordists and sound designers.
Exceptional Audio Quality
The MixPre-10T features eight Sound Devices' Kashmir™ microphone preamps. These high-performance, ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A mic preamps were handcrafted by Sound Devices. The Kashmir mic preamps feature a -130dBV noise floor, analog limiters, and new 32-bit A-to-D converters to ensure the highest quality audio recordings that far surpass those of other recorders using simple off-the-shelf, IC-based mic preamps.
Accurate Timecode Generator/Reader Plus Word Clock
As its name suggests, the MixPre-10T features a built-in, ultra-high accuracy timecode generator and reader. Even when turned off or all power is removed, the MixPre-10T continues to hold accurate timecode for hours, more than long enough even for the most extended lunch break (or break in production)!
With its multiple timecode connections, all common frame rates and timecode modes are supported as well as the ability to lock to or output word clock, ideal for synchronization in any digital audio environment.
Versatile I/O Routing
The MixPre-10T offers eight XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs, and a 3.5mm Aux/Mic input, which can also be used for 2-channel line input, camera return or timecode.
The MixPre-10T also provides comprehensive routing flexibility with its two TA3 balanced outputs and a 3.5mm Stereo output, each with routing matrix.
For the ultimate in portability and convenience, the MixPre-10T has multiple powering options. The MixPre-10T features locking 4-pin Hirose connector (10-17V) for either external battery powering or AC-powering (with optional AC adapter).
Like the MixPre-3 & MixPre-6, the MixPre-10T can also be powered from AA batteries in a convenient detachable sled of eight cells, or via an optional sled that offers powering from up to two hot-swappable Sony L-Mount Li-Ion batteries.
The MixPre-10T’s auto copy feature is as easy as ABC - or what we like to call “Auto-Background Copying”. With this feature, users can record files up to 192kHz / 24-bit to an SD card, while automatically copying to a USB thumbdrive (USB A) for handoff to a client or as a backup copy.
Wireless Control and USB Audio Interface
The MixPre features integrated Bluetooth Smart® for easy wireless connection, control and metering via the free Sound Devices Wingman app on iOS and Android devices. What’s more, the MixPre-10T allows users to manage and create sound reports.
And the versatile MixPre-10T makes an excellent USB audio interface featuring 12 channels in and 4 channels out from a computer at up to 96k sample rate, plus the unique ability to record to an SD card while simultaneously audio streaming via USB.
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz to 80kHz +/- 0.5dB re 1kHz @ 192kHz sample rate
- THD + Noise
- 0.005% max (@1kHz, 22-22kHz BW, gain=20dB, -10dBu in)
- 32 bit precision; 120dB dynamic range min (A-weighted, gain=10dB, fader=0dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise
- -130dBV (-128dBu) max (A-weighting, gain=76dB, 150 ohm source impedance)
- Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4k input Z
- Line: XLR active-balanced; 4k input Z
- Aux/Mic in: 3.5mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 100k input Z
- Line: ¼-inch TRS active-balanced; 4k input Z
- USB Audio: 4 channels
- All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload protected.
- Mic input: +6dB to +76dB
- Line input: -20dB to +30dB
- Fader: -inf to +20dB
- Headphone: -inf to +20dB
- Total, Mic-to-recording (max): +96dB
- Aux In (Mic): Gain = +10dB to +40dB
- Aux In (Line): Gain = -10dB to +20dB
- Total Aux Gain including Fader (Mic-to-recording): +60dB
- Maximum Input Level
- Mic XLR: +14dBu (limiters on or off)
- Line XLR/¼-inch: +28dBu (limiters on or off)
- Aux In (Mic): -10dBu
- Aux In (Line): +10dBu
- Low Cut Filters
- 40Hz to 160Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.
- Microphone Powering
- Mic XLRs: 48V via 6.8k resistors, 10mA each
- Mic 3.5mm: 3V @ 3k source Z
- Limiter at all gain stages, range > 40dB. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.
- DAC feeding Stereo Out, Headphone Out
- 32 bit precision; 115dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- L/R Out
- TA3 2-channel balanced, 1.1K max output impedance, +7.8dBu max output level
- X1/X2 Out
- 3.5mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 500 ohm output impedance, +7.8dBu max output level
- Headphones Out
- 3.5mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 300mW, for use with any impedance headphones
- Audio Interface (USB-C): 12-in/4-out; 44.1 to 96 kHz; 16/24-bit; Class-compliant USB 2.0 high speed or ASIO® driver (supplied via download)
- Mass Storage (USB-C): USB 2.0 high speed
- Keyboard (USB-A): Text entry and control
- Thumbdrive (USB-A): Manual or auto-copy to drive
- Maximum Record Tracks
- 12 Tracks: Stereo mix + 10 ISOs
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- 47.952 kHz
- 48 kHz
- 48.048 kHz
- 96 kHz
- 192 kHz
- Bit Depth
- 16, 24
- Recording Storage
- Type: SD, SDXC, SDHC Card (USB thumbdrive, copy only)
- Max Storage Size: 512 GB (SDXC)
- Card format: FAT32 (32GB or less) or exFAT (>32GB)
- File Type
- WAV (Broadcast Wave File Format) with embedded timecode stamp and metadata
- Timecode Modes
- Free Run
- Time of Day (file stamped w/current ToD)
- Rec Run
- Ext LTC (file stamped w/incoming LTC on BNC or Aux 3.5mm)
- Camera TC (file stamped w/incoming TC from cameras that output TC)
- Timecode Frame Rates:
- Auto-detects (fps): 23.98 (same as 23.976)
- Sync Source
- Internal, Word Clock, Ext LTC
- BNC In (TC In)
- Switchable between Timecode (default) or Word Clock Input
- Timecode: 20k ohm impedance, 0.3 V - 3.0 V p-p (–17 dBu - +3 dBu)
- Word Clock: 10k ohm impedance, 1.5V p-p
- BNC Out (TC Out)
- Switchable between Timecode (default) or Word Clock Output
- Timecode: 1k ohm impedance, 3.0V p-p (+12 dBu)
- Word Clock: 75 ohm impedance, 5V p-p
- Remote Control
- Bluetooth Smart: Wireless control using Wingman app
- HDMI (micro): Auto-record start/stop trigger from cameras that output record flag over HDMI
- Timecode: Auto-record start/stop trigger via Aux In timecode
- Touch Screen
- 320x256; 1.6-inch, color, sunlight-viewable IPS LCD
- AA Batteries: 8x AA sled (included). NiMH recommended
- L-Mount: Optional sled for 2x (hot-swappable) Li-ion batteries
- AC Adapter: XL-WPH3: Universal, 45 W in-line AC-to-DC power supply Hirose 4-pin DC plug, with detachable IEC power cord. 100-240, 50/60Hz
- Operating: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 90% relative humidity; (non-condensing)
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 36 mm x 206 mm x 175 mm (H x W x D); 1.375” x 8.125” x 6.875”
- Weight: 0.91 kg; 32.1 oz. (unpackaged, without batteries)
All specifications at 48kHz sample rate unless otherwise noted.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.