The A20-Nexus from Sound Devices is a half-rack receiver with an entire rack’s worth of features. The next-generation A20-Nexus is expandable from 8 channels up to 12 and 16 with additional software and features forward-thinking technologies like SpectraBand, the powerful NexLink remote-control link, real time spectrum analysis, and more. With multiple options for audio outputs, powering, and remote control, the A20-Nexus can seamlessly adapt to your workflow, both now and in the future.
- 8-channel ultra-high-performance, true-diversity receivers in a ½ rack size (8.0” x 6.6” x 1.6”).
- Expandable to 12 or 16 channels via A20-Nexus 4-Channel Expansion License. Licenses are $2500 USD, or $250 USD for a 7-day rental, or $850 USD for a 30-day rental.
- 470 MHz – 1525 MHz tuning range via SpectraBand Technology.
- NexLink: an advanced long-distance modulation that reaches even farther than the A20-Mini’s long-range wireless audio transmission and functions separately or alongside A20-Remote.
- Dante audio-over-IP of RF receiver audio.
- Flexible powering: via PoE+, DC input, 8-Series, or AC mains (with optional adapter).
- Web App control from browser on any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Full remote operation capability: Power via PoE, audio via Dante, control via Web App.
- Dual DB-25 connectors for 16 channels of mic, line, or AES outputs
- Convert 16 channels of Dante to analog and/or AES on DB25 connectors, for sending IFB, voice-of-god, and more from mixer to set.
- Wide, 6.2” color OLED array with touch for control and monitoring.
- Integrated Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) and scanning for intuitive frequency coordination.
- Optical Fiber Network option via SFP slot. SFP accepts a wide variety of modular network transceivers.
- A20-QuickDock allows docking and undocking in seconds from 8-Series mixer-recorders with no tools.
- The AutoAssign function automatically scans the current tuning band for clean frequencies and assigns them to multiple channels. The clean frequencies are automatically pushed to NexLinked transmitters.
- Modular design: RF section (A20-Nexus) can be disconnected and remoted from 8-Series, as opposed to less-flexible integrated RF/Mixer/Recorder solutions.
- All NexLink control is handled by A20-Nexus and/or its Web App instead of the 8-Series for maximum flexibility.
- Full remote power-down: A20-Minis can be fully powered down via NexLink for excellent battery life. This alleviates the need for remote auto-RF-Power adjustment schemes. User is in full control of RF power settings.
- Supports GainForward Architecture: No gain setting on the A20-Mini transmitter. Adjust gain at the receiver or mixer.
- 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.
- Excellent audio quality, full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth.
- RF SAW filters for excellent rejection of interference from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters.
- BNC timecode input for auto timecode sync of transmitters over NexLink
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.